jeudi, mars 29, 2007

My Journey - Amelia's tale

Today marks the 2999th day, the day still fresh in my mind as though it happened just yesterday. It is also the eve of my pledge, if I may say so. I still count each day as it moves further and further from our final encounter. I grasp the memory tighter as it advances. I refuse to put it in writing for fear of being known to others. I do not remember what I ate three days ago, but I make sure that I do not let the only souvenir of you slip from me. My journey, though arduous, seemed minute compare to our goodbye. I sometimes wished that you would have understood and stayed, but reality forced me to accept otherwise. It was unfair to anyone, especially to the one you gave your all. The uncertainties were overbearing, the future was bleak, I may not even made it considering the situation at that time. Miraculously, we won ... and everything were put in order, and I was free to go. I went back to our city, found a job, work hard, but always have time for you before I close my eyes, no matter how weary it gets. Once in blue moon, I thought I saw a glimpse of you, but it was the ray or the flare playing tricks on me. I told myself I would let you go, uncage the memory; you may have found another and be a father to little version of you and her. And so I have decided, on the 3000th day, I would say my final farewell.

Aucun commentaire: