dimanche, mai 15, 2011

Goodbye Weekend

Another weekend gone. It was not that great. Weather wasn't that nice. Cloudy all day and drizzling here and there on Saturday. I didn't stay out on Saturday. On Sunday, we decided to work on the yard. It was still cloudy and misty once in a while, reminded me of a little town up in the hill back home. Got my vegetables planted. Our strawberries are coming along. I'm so excited. I have my tomatoes (heirloom, purple cherries and sweet honey bunch) and peppers (lady bell, stuffing, thai, sweet cherries and habanero). This year I decided to try watermelon. I've never planted one before. So we will see how it turns out. Then we cleaned up the front yard and I decided to plant my chrysanthemums. Fed them some fertilizer as well. I hope they will grow and bloom. I also cleaned up my three tier plant stand and planted some annuals. I decided to work on the front porch after I saw some grey clouds floating along and thunder rumbling. Boy, did I do the right thing because the rain came down all of a sudden. It was really nice working on the porch listening to the thunder and rain. But they were gone in no time. Then the sun decided to come out. Finally! Removed some of our dead evergreens and replaced them with blue star juniper and dwarf fire bush ... I hope they survive because the black locust roots seem to mess those little ones up quite a bit. Sunday turned out to be wonderful after all. To finish the day, the sound of the airplane from the airport nearby ... aahhhh ... sigh of contentment ... Good Night World. I love you ...

Aucun commentaire: