samedi, juin 11, 2011

First camping attempt:Fail

Friday evening: got home earlier than usual. However, the temperature was not favorable for mowing. So I waited until 7.30pm to mow the lawn. I almost finish the back yard when I saw a baby bunny hiding in a corner of the yard. So I shut down the lawn mower. It turned out that one of the neighbors was holding another baby bunny, an injured one. They called SPCA but it was already closed. When he found out that there was another one, he put the injured one together with the one in the corner, in my yard. And they all went back into their houses ... yes, leaving the injured one in my hand. I didn't want to frighten them any more, so I mowed the front yard instead. Half way into the yard, I found another one. So there were three babies. And I found the burrow too. Alright, mowing is done for the day. Continue another day.
Friday evening, 10pm: Tent was up in the back yard. I was all excited. Temperature in the comfortable zone. A little nice breeze every so often. Getting near to 11pm, I decided to check the weather forecast. Not good! Thunderstorm?! Ok, first thing came in my mind ... the injured bunny. I went to check on her and found the healthy one already gone, leaving the injured one upside down. Since it was already touched by human, I decided to pick it up and take it to the burrow. Poor bunny lost its front legs function and can only move using its hind legs. Once I lay it down in front of the burrow, it started pushing itself into it. At least I know it was going to stay dry. By the time tent was taken down, I was really sleepy.
Saturday morning: Woke up by the thunder. It was probably ~3am. Was I glad I packed up and came inside. By 9am, we were already up and about getting ready for a hair cut. I went out to check on bunny, did not see any sign of it. So we left for the city.
Saturday, 4pm: Bunny was out, part of its body was wet. I decided to take it into the house to keep it warm. We called SPCA. A good lady gave me the number to the wildlife sanctuary. I placed a call and waited for someone to call back. 15, 20 minutes went by, finally the phone rang. Another good lady said she can come by to pick bunny up. We were very grateful. I don't know how or what to feed bunny. It probably still depend on the mum and mum probably abandoned her already. The lady took one look at it and told us it didn't have much chance. We kinda knew that too. That was why I took it inside and try to make it comfortable. She left us a brochure and her number. She is a volunteer. Thank goodness for the kind people of United States. You make this country so much better and wonderful. May the World bless you and protect you in your pursuit of kindness.

Aucun commentaire: