samedi, juillet 23, 2005

One minute of shock

Well, it is finally out! I couldn't keep it any longer in me. The burden was too heavy for me to bear. I spilled it out to him at last. At first he took it easy, maybe it had not hit him yet of the truth. Eventually, as reality set in, he became more and more stunned.
'How long did you know?' he spoke softly, so hush that I had to stop sobbing to comprehend him.
'A while ago,' I answered, not daring to breathe in case it broke the spell, releasing the real emotion hidden.
'I am who I am, I cannot change it, nor can I ignore it,' I added quietly. 'They need me and my enemies definitely cannot know about you. You are my pillar of strength, my universe and yet will be my downfall against evil. I wish I can disregard them, but they have no control of any situation, their only mistake was to be born among their enemies, who are getting stronger as we speak.'
'So this is it then?' he asked.
'This is it, my love, now I understand why I am different. This is my fate, just as it was fate that unite us. Maybe when all the chaos is over, maybe then fate will bring us together again ....' I stopped, as he became inconsolable the more she went on.
'Just go ... leave me alone.' he whispered.
I left, my heart shattered into many pieces as the distance separating us increased. This one minute had changed my life forever.
That was the last time I saw him. I never knew what had became of him. I visited once, during time of lapse, thinking that I could see him discreetly, but he no longer lived there anymore and I lost hope of ever finding him after many attempts. In moment like this, even my difference could not help me. I gave light to the lifeless, in return, I lost mine. We won eventually, but with victory meant nothing to me. No one to celebrate with, no one to listen to my stories. I became just another brokenhearted being ...
My name is Amelia Soulange and this is my story.

Aucun commentaire: